- (a) the "Advertiser" means the person or entity booking advertising space in a CNP Publication with CNP, whether
an advertising agency, brand owner or whomsoever.
- (b) "Advertising Copy" means the advertising and promotional content (including any Sales Promotions as defined
below) requested by the Advertiser to be published by CNP in one or more CNP Publications.
- (c) "CNP" means The Condé Nast Publications Limited of Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU.
- (d) "CNP Publication" means any of the magazine titles published by CNP from time-to-time.
- (e) "Digital Versions" means any CNP Publication as made available in an electronic format compatible with one
or more handheld or tablet end-user devices (such as, without limitation, Kindles and iPads).
- (f) "Premium" and "Premium Plus" advertising options means in relation to "Premium" including but not limited to
scrolling advertisements, slide shows and 30 second videos and "Premium Plus" including but not limited to photo
explorer, photo 360 and 60 second video.
- (g) "Production Work" means any and all artwork, sketches, layouts, mock-ups, graphics, photography, processing
or other work, work product, services and service product that the Advertiser may request CNP to perform or
provide from time-to-time.
- (h) the "Publication Date" means, in relation to each version of a CNP Publication (print, Digital and PDF) the
date(s) on which the relevant version comes on sale in the United Kingdom.
- (i) "PDF Versions" means any CNP Publication as made available in a "static format" digital magazine issue (e.g.
on Zinio, LeKiosk etc.).
- (j) "Press Date" means CNP's various deadline(s) for receipt of any Advertiser's Advertising Copy, as the same
may be notified by CNP to the Advertiser in respect of each instance of publication of such Advertising Copy in
a conventional, print-media CNP Publication, a Digital Version or a PDF Version.
- (k) "Rates" means CNP's costs and charges for the publication of Advertising Copy in CNP Publications, as
evidenced in the CNP Rate Card in force at the relevant time, but not including any additional fees and costs
for any Production Work as described in Section 2(b) below which shall be payable in addition to the Rates.
- (l) "Rate Card" means the table of CNP's Rates for the publication of Advertising Copy in CNP Publications, as
updated by CNP from time-to-time, the current version of which is located here
- (m) "Sales Promotions" means as defined in Section 8 of the CAP 'UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales
Promotion and Direct Marketing'.
- (n) "Technical Specifications" means CNP's technical requirements for Advertising Copy provided by or on behalf
of Advertisers from time-to-time, the current version of which is at located here, plus the specific technical specifications
applicable to Advertising Copy destined for publication in Digital Versions, the current version of which is located here (these specific digital specifications being
referred to as the ' Tablet Advertising Material Specifications').
2. Rates & Costs
- (a) Rates are quoted in the Rate Card exclusive of VAT and may be increased at any time upon 3 months' written
notice, "written notice" for these purposes to include notice posted on this web page as part of these Terms
- (b) In addition to the Rates, if the Advertiser requires any Production Work to be performed by CNP, it shall
pay CNP for the same at the cost quoted by CNP at the time of request, plus any applicable VAT or other sales
tax at the prevailing rate.
- (c) All rights, including all copyright, in any Production Work performed by CNP shall vest in CNP and the
Advertiser may use the same solely for the limited purpose of publishing the associated Advertising Copy in the
relevant CNP Publications pursuant and subject to these Terms and Conditions. Where an Advertiser wishes to
receive an assignment of rights in any Production Work then the same shall be subject to the written agreement
of CNP (which it may grant or withhold in its absolute discretion and which may include the agreement of any
- (d) Advertising Copy for Digital Editions will be displayed in portrait orientation viewable via the horizontal
scroll bar. Advertising Copy which requires reformatting will be deemed to be Production Work and subject to an
additional fee as set out in Section 2(b) above. Any custom Advertising Copy produced by CNP will also
constitute 'Production Work' and hence will incur additional fees as set out in Section 2(b) above. Advertising
Copy supplied by the Advertiser to the Table Advertising Material Specifications (see Section 4(ii)(a) below)
will not generally require any Production Work from CNP and hence should not generally incur extra fees.
- (e) Premium and Premium Plus options are approved on an individual case by case basis by CNP in its discretion
and are subject to extra fees.
- (a) Agents must disclose the name of their principals and nature of the advertised goods, services, Sales
Promotions and Advertising Copy at time of booking. Any incomplete or misleading disclosure or failure fully to
disclose, or any non-compliance of any matter with applicable regulation, entitles CNP to reject or cancel the
- (b) The CNP Rate Card is not an offer to contract. A contract between CNP and the Advertiser (and CNP's
obligation to publish any Advertising Copy on these Terms & Conditions) arises only upon and subject to
CNP's written acceptance of the Advertiser's order and additionally, in the case of financial advertising, the
compliance of the relevant Advertising Copy with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- (c) Cancellations cannot be accepted from Advertisers within 2 months of the Publication Date of the
conventional, print-media CNP Publication. Orders for Advertising Copy comprising covers and Sales Promotions
- (d) Orders for next to or facing editorial positions can only be accepted subject to availability at the time of
going to press.
- (e) It is the Advertiser's responsibility to notify CNP within 7 days of receipt of CNP's written acceptance of
the Advertiser's order for the publication of its Advertising Copy if the booking details set out in CNP's
acceptance confirmation are incorrect.
- (f) Advertisers are required to specify, in their orders, which CNP Publications (and which digital versions)
they wish their Advertising Copy to appear in. Where a CNP Publication is published in both Digital and PDF
Versions, CNP will, unless notified otherwise by the Advertiser, publish the Advertising Copy in all of the
Digital Versions and PDF Versions of the relevant CNP Publication, to all of the compatible end-user devices.
The Advertiser may, if it so specifies in its order to CNP, elect not to have its Advertising Copy published in
the PDF Version of the relevant CNP Publication, but in this regard the Advertiser acknowledges that this
'opt-out' will be universal in respect of all PDF Versions across all end-user devices.
4. Copy Artwork And Materials
- (i) Print Advertising Copy
- (a) All Advertising Copy (which must be in the form of PDF files and digital proofs) provided by or on behalf of
the Advertiser to CNP must comply with CNP's Technical Specifications. CNP may reject for publication any
Advertising Copy which is not compliant with the Technical Specifications.
- (b) The technical compliance of Advertising Copy provided by the Advertiser to CNP for publication in Digital
Versions remains the responsibility of the Advertiser. CNP accepts no responsibility and shall have no liability
to the Advertiser for any of the consequences (including the state of the resulting published Advertising Copy)
where any materials provided to CNP do not comply with the Technical Specifications.
- (c) If the Advertiser does not provide a PDF file and digital proof of the relevant Advertising Copy by the
Press Date CNP is entitled (but not obliged) to re-publish any previous Advertising Copy previously published in
the relevant CNP Publication.
- (d) CNP shall be under no obligation to review or make corrections to any pre- or post-publication Advertising
- (ii) Tablet Advertising Copy
- (a) Advertising Copy intended for publication in Digital Versions must comply with the 'Tablet Advertising
Material Specifications' section of the Technical Specifications. PDF Versions do not require compliance with
any technical specifications other than the general Technical Specifications. CNP may reject for publication any
Advertising Copy which is not compliant with the Tablet Advertising Material Specifications.
- (b) Advertisers may email CNP at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details of CNP's technical
requirements for Digital Versions and information about the Technical Specifications.
- (c) The technical compliance of Advertising Copy provided by the Advertiser to CNP for publication in Digital
Versions remains the responsibility of the Advertiser. CNP accepts no responsibility and shall have no liability
to the Advertiser for any of the consequences (including the state of the published Advertising Copy) where any
materials provided to CNP do not comply with the 'Tablet Advertising Material Specifications' element of the
- (d) If the Advertiser does not provide Advertising Copy compliant with this Section 4(ii) by the notified Press
Date for the Digital Version CNP is entitled (but not obliged) to re-publish any previous Advertising Copy
previously published in the relevant Digital Version.
- (e) For the avoidance of doubt, any links embedded in any Advertising Copy for any Digital Version will only be
enabled when the relevant end-user device is connected to the Web via WiFi or 3G.
- (iii) General
- (a) All Advertising Copy supplied by the Advertiser will be held by CNP at the owner's risk and should be
insured against loss or damage and backup copies retained by the owner. Advertising Copy will be deleted and
destroyed by CNP after 6 months of CNP's receipt of the same unless collected from CNP by the Advertiser. None
of the Advertising Copy shall be deemed to have any value other than the cost of the materials.
- (a) Payment shall be made within 30 days of the date of CNP's invoice.
- (b) If payment is not made in full within 30 days of the date of CNP's invoice the Advertiser shall pay interest
under The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, at 8% above Bank of England base rate.
- (c) New Advertisers will be required to pay in advance for the first three insertions of Advertising Copy.
- (a) The Advertiser accepts that the Advertiser is a principal in law and accordingly warrants that all
Advertising Copy (and its constituent parts) when submitted to CNP for production and upon publication shall:
(i) be neither defamatory nor obscene, and shall comply in all respects with the requirements of the British
Code of Advertising Practice and other relevant industry codes, and (ii) comply with and not contravene the
requirements of (a) any Act of Parliament, statutory instrument, code of practice or regulation promulgated
thereunder including any law of the European Community for the time being in force or applicable in the United
Kingdom and (b) any acts, decrees, regulations or authorities in those markets in which the advertisement (and
in particular comparative advertising) may be accessed: (iii) in the case of financial advertising comply with
the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and other relevant statutes and regulations issued pursuant to
statute or by any regulatory body: (iv) not breach any contract or infringe or violate any copyright, trademark
or any other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or render CNP liable to any proceedings or
liabilities whatsoever, wheresoever.
- (b) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set out herein, CNP is entitled at its absolute discretion to
reject or exclude any Advertising Copy submitted for publication notwithstanding: (i) CNP's previous acceptance
of the relevant Advertiser's order; and (ii) whether or not the relevant Advertising Copy has been previously
accepted for publication or published previously.
- (c) The Advertiser will indemnify CNP fully in respect of any costs, claims, damages, losses or liabilities of
any sort suffered or incurred by CNP arising directly or indirectly from the production or publication of any
Advertising Copy which is in breach of any of the warranties set out in Section 6(a) above.
- (d) Any complaint concerning the production or publication of any Advertising Copy must be notified in writing
to CNP within 4 weeks of the relevant Publication Date.
- (e) CNP will exercise reasonable care in preparing and publishing Advertising Copy but if any Advertising Copy
is not published in accordance with the booking confirmation issued by CNP due to the act or omission of CNP,
CNP's maximum liability shall be limited to the amount of any payment made for the relevant Advertising Copy.
CNP shall not be liable in any manner to the Advertiser for any error, misprint or omission which does not
materially detract from the look or meaning of any Advertising Copy nor shall CNP be liable to the Advertiser
for any such error, misprint or omission to the extent attributable to the Advertiser's non-compliance with
these Terms and Conditions. CNP may (subject to Section 6(b) above) at the Advertiser's request carry further or
corrective Advertising Copy of a similar type and standard to the Advertising Copy which has not been published
in accordance with the booking confirmation issued by CNP which shall be the Advertiser's sole and exclusive
- (f) The Advertiser may not recharge a client for advertising space at an increased rate without CNP's written
- (g) For Advertising Copy including a Sales Promotion or a special offer the Advertiser must provide all details
when placing its order.
- (h) CNP and the Advertiser warrant that they will observe their respective obligations under the Data Protection
Act 1998 arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- (i) These Terms and Conditions shall be construed under and governed by the law of England and the parties
submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.